Saturday, November 3, 2012

Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate


If there was one reason I was wishing for the cold weather to come, it was definitely to drink a steaming cup of hot chocolate again. I've always loved to snuggle up in a blanket with a cup of hot chocolate and a good book while watching the rain outside my window. Now that the cold weather is starting to come to SoCal, I can finally do this again!



If you remember from my last post, I mentioned that the Salted Caramel Mocha at Starbucks sounds pretty darn amazing... The thing is, as you probably know by now, I really can't drink mocha. The only Starbucks drinks I can handle for now are their frapps. I had to give making my own version a try - a much sweeter version. That's how this lovely miracle came about. Give it a try, you won't be disappointed.

Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate
Serves 1

1 cup hot chocolate
2 tablespoons caramel
pinch sea salt
whipped cream
chocolate sauce and Twix bar (optional)

Drop two tablespoons of caramel to the bottom of your mug (I used butterscotch caramel - absolutely divine). Pour the hot chocolate in while mixing slowly, until thoroughly combined. Top with whipped cream, a sprinkle of sea salt, a drizzle of chocolate sauce, and a side of Twix.


Enjoy!
Unknown said...

Wow your salted caramel hot chocolate looks amazing. I will definitely try this at home. Have you tried Pakistani Cooking Recipes I love all Pakistani Recipes and mostly the appetizers by zarnak sidhwa recipes

© Best of Wardah. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.