Sunday, May 13, 2012

On Mother's Day


Mother's Day is a special day when people all around the world honor their mothers and motherhood.  Children will give their mother's presents and do something special for their mothers on this one day out of the year.  But for me, everyday is Mother's Day and I'll appreciate my mother everyday.

So, Mom, I'll give you a kiss today and tell you that I love you, and then I'll tell you that I love you tomorrow, and the day after, and then the next, and so on.  I'll clean your room nicely today and then clean it again tomorrow.  I'll pick some flowers for you today and then when they wilt, I'll pick some more for you.  I'll make you breakfast today and then I'll make you breakfast again whenever you want me to.

And I want you to know that I appreciate everything you do for me, every single moment of my life, even if I don't show it all the time.


Mushy gushy stuff aside, what you see in these pictures is the lovely blueberry cream cheese coffee cake my little sister made today.  It is quite possibly the best thing that ever happened to me.  You should smell my kitchen right now -- it smells like melted cream cheese with a tinge of blueberry.  Which smells heavenly.  The first picture is so you can appreciate the cream cheese cubes in the cake.  The second picture is there so you can appreciate the crumbly sugary topping.  And this last picture is so you can appreciate the flowers I picked from my backyard. ;)


This post is a little different from my usual posts and I won't be giving you the recipe.  However, here is the link for the recipe my sister followed from the blogger Confessions of a Cookbook Queen.  Make sure you try this recipe out for breakfast, lunch, or even dessert.  It's a keeper.

Jane said...

Wow, this looks yummy! I would love to try it out :-)

© Best of Wardah. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.