Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Painting and Exciting News!


Hello everyone!

It's been a long time since I last blogged and as much as I'd like to put the blame on school and exams, I can only blame myself and my procrastination.  My first New Year's resolution to fail. :\  But, despite my recent lag in blog posting, I have not stopped trying new recipes and painting.  Hopefully, with the pictures I have stored on all those SD cards, I should have a couple more blog posts for you all before the month is over.


The two images you see here are a series of paintings I made for my mother.  The inspiration behind the images are photographs my neighbor's son took of places he has traveled to and the interior of a hotel he stayed in.  Each photograph was altered to include the miniscule details my mother wanted and I had a lot of fun doing that.  For example, the fountain in the first painting was originally a set of horse statues in Venice.  I changed it to a water fountain from Spain to get the style my mother wanted.

Side by side, the pictures look like this.
Now, the news I have been super excited to tell you all is that I am going to hold a giveaway on this blog soon!  What's the occasion you ask?

Well, this blog has almost reached 10,000 views and what a surprise that has been!  When I started my blog in 2010, I had no idea anybody (except my mom, of course) would even read it.  Now, people tell me almost every day that my blog inspires them to cook or bake, or they will tell me how much they love reading my sister and my posts.  Just that is more than any blogger could even wish for.  So thank you, everyone, for your support and look forward to an awesome giveaway very soon.

Mehwish said...

"they love reading my sister"
correct that! lol
you know your blog gets all those views because of me ;)

Nice paintings btw, mashallah. and get your own SD cards!

Abdullah Arif said...

they both look nice Mash'allah

© Best of Wardah. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.