Thursday, December 29, 2011

Old World Manicotti




Old-world manicotti holds some sweet childhood memories for me. When we were young, my mother's friend would visit our family and each time, she would make some type of pasta for us. It was then that I first had manicotti and I've loved it ever since. I made it myself for the first time when I was holding a little gathering. I was digging through my piles of recipe cards when I found this one:



I just knew I had to make it. Though it tasted as amazing as I remembered it to be, I ran across a big problem while making it. All the manicotti shells had broken while they were being boiled!


I decided that to solve this, I had to pipe the manicotti filling onto the shell as planned. But then, I would wrap the two edges of the shell around the filling and place it seam side down on to the dish. This proved to be successful! So if any of you decide to try this recipe out, don't worry about the problems. They can all be fixed and as my dad loves to say, "It all looks the same in your stomach anyways."


Sadly, I don't have any pictures of the final dish for you guys. We were too busy digging in to take pictures. But, do enjoy the recipe card from Grandma's Kitchen! Best of luck,

Wardah
© Best of Wardah. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.