Sunday, August 29, 2010

Homemade Pizzas

Last week was really busy for me. From adding classes at school and buying textbooks to doing last minute reading, I was swamped. And then, I found out that I'd have to stay on campus all day because of classes! Of course my mom started worrying about what I'd eat all day so she decided to make me a personal pan pizza. Then, it struck me that I could make the pizzas myself and blog about them. The experience was more adventurous than I thought it would be.

I used my mom's recipe for pizza dough (which is amazing by the way) and ended up making 5 pizzas; 2 personal pizzas and 3 large pizzas. The smaller ones were for me and my sis while the bigger ones were for the rest of my family. So, I started by making the pizza dough and spreading homemade sauce and cheese on them.

Pizzas!
I decided to bake the smaller two pizzas first. That way, I could leave for school and my mom could take care of the rest. I popped the pizzas in the oven and 10 minutes later, the oven canceled itself! When I checked two minutes later, I found the oven cooling and the pizzas hardening. The oven had been acting up lately but I was still really surprised. I was so sure the pizzas would be a failure because they were only half cooked and already hardening but then I ran over (literally ran) to my awesome neighbor's house and used her oven to finish baking them. Believe it or not, they turned out to be a success, and they were still soft.

In the oven, before the oven died...
Anyways, oven crisis aside, two out of the five pizzas I made had a cheese filled crust. They're really simple to make and really fun too.

Start by pushing out the crust of the pizza.
Put cheese around the rim. Make sure to use a lot of cheese because it'll almost become nonexistent when it melts in the oven.
Bring the pushed out part of the dough and firmly press it down around the cheese.
I like filling the crusts with cheese because it gives the crust a really nice shape. Here, I used a chicken tikka flavored sauce. 
Add the cheese and they're ready to bake!
Sorry there are no after pictures. By the time the pizzas were completely baked, I was already at school, feasting on my own mini pizza. Enjoy!

Saba said...

Woahh. It looks amaazingg!(:

Wardah said...

Thanks a bunch Saba! :D

Saba said...

Haha no problem. You know whats weird? I had a *DREAM* about those pizzas^..! They tasted good. (;

Wardah said...

Hahaha, for real? You're hilarious, but thanks. :P Anyways, they DID taste good *winkwink*.

Xunnii said...

They look so good! I want some pizza! yours to be precise.

Wardah said...

Hahaha, Jazaks Xunni. I'll give you some if you come over. :D

Ayesha said...

Woooohoooo for cheese-filled pizza crusts! THEY LOOK DELICIOUS! nomnomnom!

Wardah said...

Hehehe, thank you love :D You need to come over so I can make you some!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

HI! I really like your blog! Can you show us the recipe you used for the dough? I can never get pizza dough right :( Thanks :)

Anonymous said...

Assalamualikum wardah, can you please let me know the halal brand name for mozzarella and Parmesan cheese? Your recipes are amazing! Thanks so much! Keep up the good work

© Best of Wardah. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.